Experienced Family Law Firm Assisting Families in Media, PA
Dolores J. Varga – Voted One of the Top Divorce Lawyers by Main Line Today
For more than 33 years, the Law Office of Dolores J. Varga, now Varga Law Offices, has proudly served families in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, helping with their family law needs. We have narrowed our practice to the area of family law because we believe that families are the building blocks of our society. At a time when turmoil and unpleasantness are paramount in clients’ lives, we try to provide a calming influence so that issues can be dealt with swiftly and fairly.
Providing sound counsel to achieve your goals
The firm’s philosophy is to achieve the results that our clients desire in the most expeditious fashion possible, even if this means referring them to other attorneys or mediators. When a rapid result is not possible, we attempt to keep costs at a minimum in any way feasible. When settlement is not achievable, we represent our clients vigorously; fighting to obtain the very best court outcome possible. At our firm, we provide you with:
- Highly responsive service: We care about our clients. Our office prides itself on communication by promptly returning telephone calls and being accessible.
- Personalized attention: We limit our practice to Delaware County so that we can serve our clients better by being familiar with the ins and outs of our court system. This allows us to give you detailed advice on how local law will apply in your case. Our firm has built a strong reputation in the community.
- Mediation and collaboration: Unfortunately, the family law system is not the most conducive to settling or achieving quick results and because of this, the attorneys sometimes end up with most of the assets of the marriage. For this reason, we encourage the collaborative divorce process, which is a much simpler and often cheaper way of settling divorce cases.
Truth is paramount in family matters. We always advise our clients of the best- and worst-case scenarios, the ones most likely to occur and the costs involved. In this way, our clients are intimately involved in the strategies and outcomes of their cases.
Effectively handling your divorce-related issues
As a Media, PA family law and divorce law firm, we handle many legal issues that have intensely personal consequences, such as:
- Divorce: Pennsylvania provides both fault-based and no-fault divorces. Our law firm can help you proceed in the most efficient manner.
- Collaborative Law: If the parties in a divorce can agree to a collaborative divorce, a settlement is mediated and there is no need to go to court.
- Separation: While Pennsylvania does not officially recognize separation, it is used for particular purposes such as property settlement.
- Child custody: Physical child custody determines the parent with whom your children live. The legal custodial parent typically has sole decision-making powers regarding the children’s healthcare, education and religious instruction; however it is quite rare for one parent to have sole legal custody. Generally legal custody is joint, or shared by both parents.
- Child support: Child support payments are awarded to the primary physical custodial parent. We are dedicated to ensuring that the statutory support guidelines are accurately calculated.
At our firm, the best interests of your family are our top priority. Trust us to guide you through the divorce process and any related matters.
Contact Media, PA divorce attorney Abbey Varga today
If you are in Delaware County and are considering separating from your spouse, are seeking a divorce, or require assistance with custody or support matters, contact the Varga Law Offices by phone at 610.892.9909 or online. Located near the county courthouse, our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday by appointment.